I am a final-year J.D. candidate (3L) at Harvard Law School
and I do academic research in computer science (cryptography) and
law and policy issues related to computer security and data privacy.
I completed my Ph.D. at MIT in 2018, advised by Shafi Goldwasser. During my Ph.D. studies, I was in the Cryptography and Information Security group within the Theory of Computation group at MIT,
and also affiliated with MIT’s Internet Policy Research Initiative
and with the Digital Currency Initiative at the
MIT Media Lab (where I also did postdoctoral research from 2018
I received my B.A. in Computer Science at the University of Cambridge.
This website describes my research and publications. I am
interested in research both in law and in computer science, and especially on topics
that relate to both fields.
Cryptography, law, technology policy, privacy, security, game theory.
Authors are listed alphabetically by last name, except where indicated by an asterisk.
- KeyForge: Non-Attributable Email from Forward-Forgeable Signatures [ePrint]
*Michael Specter, Sunoo Park, and Matthew Green
Conditionally accepted to the 30th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2021).
- Fully Deniable Interactive Encryption [ePrint]
Ran Canetti, Sunoo Park, and Oxana Poburinnaya
In the 20th Annual International Cryptology Conference (CRYPTO 2020).
- Data Structures Meet Cryptography: 3SUM with Preprocessing [arXiv]
Alexander Golovnev, Siyao Guo, Thibaut Horel, Sunoo Park, and Vinod Vaikuntanathan
In the 52nd ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC 2020).
- It Wasn't Me! Repudiability and Unclaimability of Ring Signatures [ePrint]
Sunoo Park and Adam Sealfon
In the 19th Annual International Cryptology Conference (CRYPTO 2019).
- How to Subvert Backdoored Encryption: Security Against Adversaries that Decrypt [ePrint]
Thibaut Horel, Sunoo Park, Silas Richelson, and Vinod Vaikuntanathan
In the 10th Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science conference (ITCS 2019).
- Compelled Decryption and the Fifth Amendment: Exploring the Technical Boundaries [SSRN]
Aloni Cohen and Sunoo Park
In the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology (JOLT), Fall 2018 issue.
- Static-Memory-Hard Functions and Modeling the Cost of Space vs. Time [ePrint]
Thaddeus Dryja, Quanquan C. Liu, and Sunoo Park
In the 16th IACR Theory of Cryptography Conference (TCC 2018).
- Practical Accountability of Secret Processes [ePrint]
*Jonathan Frankle, Sunoo Park, Daniel Shaar, Shafi Goldwasser, and Daniel J. Weitzner
In the 27th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2018).
- Proactive Secure Multiparty Computation with a Dishonest Majority
Karim Eldefrawy, Rafail Ostrovsky, Sunoo Park, and Moti Yung
In the 11th Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks (SCN 2018).
- SpaceMint: A Cryptocurrency Based on Proofs of Space [pdf] [ePrint]
*Sunoo Park, Albert Kwon, Georg Fuchsbauer, Peter Gaži, Joël Alwen, and Krzysztof Pietrzak
In the 22nd International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (Financial Crypto 2018).
- Public Accountability vs. Secret Laws: Can They Coexist? [ePrint]
Shafi Goldwasser and Sunoo Park
In the 16th Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES) at CCS 2017.
- Towards Secure Quadratic Voting [pdf] [ePrint]
Sunoo Park and Ronald L. Rivest
In Public Choice 2017.
- How to Incentivize Data-Driven Collaboration Among Competing Parties [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Pablo Daniel Azar, Shafi Goldwasser, and Sunoo Park
In the 7th Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science conference (ITCS 2016).
- Adaptively Secure Coin-Flipping, Revisited [pdf] [ePrint] [arXiv]
Shafi Goldwasser, Yael Tauman Kalai, and Sunoo Park
In the 42nd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2015).
- Cryptographically Blinded Games: Leveraging Players' Limitations for Equilibria and Profit [pdf] [arXiv]
Pavel Hubáček and Sunoo Park
In the 15th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC 2014).
sunoo at csail·mit·edu (PGP key / fingerprint)